Careers at Infinityn
We are in search of a skilled Managing Editor to oversee our company’s and clients' daily publishing operations. You will supervise writers, editors and other staff.
A managing editor combines the innovativeness of a writer with the practical focus of an operations manager. You should be able to suggest ideas for stories and see them through to publication. We expect excellent organizational and leaderships skills as well as a unique problem-solving ability.
In this role, you will:
- Plan, develop and deliver long and short-form content in a variety of formats to serve our clients’ content marketing initiatives and support their strategic objectives.
- Deliver clear strategic recommendations for paid, owned and earned media across a number of channels. You will also execute these recommendations, creating comprehensive implementation plans and editorial calendars, and managing the editorial production process end-to-end.
- Need to be confident and professional when dealing with clients and senior stakeholders, and will work to establish strong client relationships. You will also work with a range of subject matter experts both internally and externally to get the desired results for our clients.
You need to:
- Be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the editorial process, including topic generation, commissioning, editing and writing. You will work across a variety of content formats and topic areas and will take full responsibility for your client accounts. That means you will need to be confident and professional when dealing directly with clients and senior stakeholders.
- Lead a team of in-house editorial staff and outsourced content creators, editors, graphic designers, videographers, developers, etc., as well as any editorial interns.
You should have:
Our editors need to have experience that reaches across a number of different categories:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as an editor, writer or journalist.
- Experience editing content for publication.
- Experience commissioning writers and other content producers.
- Proven ability to manage all aspects of the digital editorial process, from planning and strategy through to execution, moderation and analysis.
- Understanding of different audiences and how to tailor content to them across a range of formats.
- Ability to apply strategic thinking to content production.
- Broad consumer and B2B brand knowledge.
- Genuine passion for content marketing.
- Experience liaising directly with clients.
- Previous experience working for a digital agency or similar.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced role and enjoy working in a progressive environment.
- Professional experience with content management systems
- Ideally, experience working with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience working with analytics platforms such as Google Analytics.
- An understanding of essential SEO principles.
- HubSpot Inbound certification required (can be completed anytime prior to start date)
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or Communication
Are you ready to be a part of our team? Apply today